Monday, April 23, 2012

ventrilo and gpgnet problems?

is anyone else (running vista 64) having problems with the push to talk feature while gpgnet is open? this problem cropped up after the last patch..



in short:

Gpgnet not open : ventrilo fine

gpgnet open and focused : ventrilo push to talk not working

supcom open by itself: ventrilo works fine



any help would be awesome .. thanks|||It may be that GPGNet "captures" the keystrokes before Ventrilo does, and doesn't relay them.



I've had this happen with a couple of other (primarily asian) games, but I've had some luck with changing my PTT button.



What button are you using?|||i was using button 4/5 on my mouse, but when the problem occured i switched to my actual keyboard and the problem persisted. whats weird is now my buttons 4/5 on my mouse act like im double clicking, so im assuming that gpgnet is capturing all the keystrokes for any device once its focused.|||i have this problem too, PTT button doesn't work. kinda annoying to have the mic on voice activated|||http://forums.gaspowered.com/viewtopic. ... t=ventrilo



There is a slight chance that GPGnet and Ventrilo are using the same port on localhost.|||I had this problem on Windows 7 and inadvertently fixed it while fixing a similar problem I was having with Steam. I saw a few of these threads and was unsure which one to post the fix on. I apologize for bringing back the dead thread but I think this is a legitimate fix. These are the steps I followed:



1. Control Panel

2. Hardware and Sound

3. Manage Audio Devices

4. Recording

5. Right click your microphone

6. Properties, advanced tab

7. Uncheck both Exclusive Mode check boxes



This enabled me to use Ventrilo while GPGNet is open without it "capturing" the keystroke. I hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment