Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Latest GPGNet and Windows 7

I just bought a new computer with Windows 7 (instead of Windows Vista like I had before). Now, I have a problem when installing GPGNet (the latest version). When the install is almost finished, an error occurs:
"The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2869."
I got this file from the sticky thread in this forum that houses all the SupCom and FA patches, and the GPGNet versions.
My system, if it helps:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 3.4 GHz
GPU: Radeon HD 5850
RAM: 4 GB
OS: Windows 7|||Was someone having the same issue with Vista but it might work: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=38347|||I had that problem once.. I remember ending up installing in on an XP PC and then just copying the folder over to mine. Works ^_^|||I had the same problem. What I did was copy the install directory from my old XP computer, and it worked fine.|||The error is due to a package that needs to be installed with GPGnet go here http://gpgnet.obliteratingwave.co.uk/Do ... .5.225.zip and use the setup.exe and it will all work :)

No comments:

Post a Comment