Monday, April 23, 2012

GPGNet crashes right after launch

Hello. I've recently purchased Forged Alliance as i decided its about time i got back into Sup Com.



However GPGNet is stopping me from playing online. Just after the splash screen it closes and nothing happens. I've read all the threads and fixes i could find and applied them, and also tried reinstalling, but still no joy. I have Flash Player version 10 (for both IE8 and Firefox), .NET Framework 3.5 SP1. While the threads say i should get Flash player 9 and .NET framework 2.0 i assume that they're just old threads and that these later versions will suffice.



I'm running Vista and read that this problem is caused by flash player but i've updated my flash player to 10 and the problem still persists. I've also tried manually updating the GPGNet to the latest version (255 i believe) by uninstalling it, removing all traces of it then installing the new version, but that doesn't work either. I've tried running the GPG.Multiplayer.Client.exe in administrator mode and also in XP SP2 compatability mode, but still no joy.



I'm totally stuck and any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.|||You need .Net 2.0 its not that the thread is old in that case its that 3.5 wont run GPGNet correctly. So you need to get all of the .Net version that they specify.



Flashplayer 10 is fine as its backwards compatible|||get all .net frameworks then reinstall and seee waht happens|||I can't independently install .NET Framework 2.0 on Vista since it says that its already part of the operating system. I tried uninstalling the 3.5 version and then attempted to install 2.0, but that didn't work either. I also tried to run GPGNet with 3.5 uninstalled since i assume it'd revert back to the supposedly in-built 2.0 version, but that didn't work either.



So with Vista apparently having .NET Framework 2.0 in-built, i can't do anything to manually install it (that i know of)... Got any more ideas? I really want to play online, bought this game with a mate and he's teasing me with his ability to play unhindered :(|||Your correct it seems .Net 3.5 SP1 for Vista installs the older .Net versions



I know Flash player 10 works with GPGNet as that is the one that I have



No idea what is causing your issue I am sorry I cant be of more help to you|||if you can reinstall Vista and then install gpgnet as admin see what happens Dopn't install 3.5

I don't have vista but that could work|||Kenquinn|||if u have win7 yes install it or if you go on microsoft and look for .net framework 2,0|||I got my hands on a copy of Windows 7 and it works fine now :) Kinda glad i ran into this problem, it made me switch from Vista to 7 quicker. Now i'm just glad i don't have to put up with Vista anymore!



Anyway, thanks for the help guys, too bad we couldn't figure out why it didn't work. But i suppose getting Win 7 is a decent solution :P

No comments:

Post a Comment