Monday, April 23, 2012

Some issues with GPG

Hmmm, how to start?



I have been wandering a long time on this forum to find a solution for my problems, it appears that I could not find a direct answer.



I have the (two) following problems:



1)

I have reïnstalled Supreme Commander to play the first version (my friend and I were having a LAN party and they were kinda lazy to update supcom, so I had to install it again). The settings (if I remember it correctly) for my GPGnet client were:

- remember my profile info

- automatically login



Well, the lan party was fun, but I wanted to play online recently and I got the following problems:

- My CD key was already in use (after searching on this forum, it appears it is associated with your first account, if I am correct), but that was not the biggest problem.

The other problem was that when I tried to reset my password, I filled in the 2 (possible) associated mails, I get the error message: Username and Mailadres do not match.

And when I tried to login (now comes the most weird part) with my reset password (I re-setted my password already once, I did not change the reset passwords back then), I got the message that the user was already logged in :(



Is it possible that someone overtook my account information or something?



I mean, I have the official game and so, and the only manner to play it, is via hamachi :?



2)

This question is maybe more GPG client relevant. I have now only access to the chat only part of GPG (because I can not login via my other account :| )



However, to kill the time, I wanted to download some maps to play via LAN. The problem is that it seems that I can not enter the vault (I clicked a dozen times and the only thing what changes, is that a selection box surrounds it) I can acces the most popular maps (listed below The Vault title bar) though....



I tried to (manual) install this version: http://forums.gaspowered.com/viewtopic.php?t=18592

and after it appeared that it did not work, I ran the (I think incremental) patches, which can be found here: http://forums.gaspowered.com/viewtopic.php?t=7876



I only have Supreme Commander, so opting things like: Go to Supcom:FA does not work. (also, I believe the SC:FA is not for sale any more where I live :( )





Please, I enjoyed this game so much (whether it was LAN, or skirmish with some custom maps), so if anyone could help, I would be grateful :wink:|||For the user already logged in problem, it's due to a bug where you have to wait several minutes after logging (or crashing) out before logging back in.



The Vault often crashes with many people. I'm not sure what exactly the fix for it is, but you could try installing the latest version of the .NET framework.

No comments:

Post a Comment