Thursday, April 19, 2012

unable to connect to games, wits end!

anyone remotely tech savvy explain to me why;
even though my computer is in the DMZ of my router, and ive set the firewall on my comp to pass all traffic intended for Supreme Commander's online functions, that i STILL CANT CONNECT TO A GAME, im keep getting nils or just sitting on a screen with a waiting to connect.
Router is a DLINK-DIR-825 N-Band, im using an Ethernet port.
ive also forwarded the ports as well.
im at my wits end, because i never had this problem on my old belkin router ... i know, im praising belkin, the apocalypse is coming ...
ive done everything ive been told by the help base, short of turning off the router firewall, which unlike the old one, i cannot do on this Dlink one.
ive already disabled my antivirus software, via the option on its control panel as well as through a reboot and i still either get frozen on connecting, or join a lobby with at least 2 nils.
im using Kaspersky internet security. v9|||Putting your router on DMZ does not always put it in a DMZ. I know this from personal experience. Have you tried forwarding port 6112(This is the default game port needed for online play)?
Edit: I just saw your post in the other forum. Are you sure you forwarded the ports to the correct computer on your router? Also if your internal IP changes it will stop the port forwarding from working correctly. I would check that your internal IP(should be viewable from your network connectivity icon in the taskbar) matches the one you forwarded to.
Other then that I don't have an idea how to get it working for you.|||oh yeah, i tried that too, i had to reserve my comps ip on the router for it to let me put it in the dmz anyway.|||if one of the first few, ie second or third to connect to a game i dont seem to get the problem, i dont know whats going on and its doing my nut in because at the times i play at there arnt many people online, or at least, most of GPGnets users are offline seeing as how the ones i used to run with were mostly from europe ... you know, life and all. :lol:

No comments:

Post a Comment