Monday, April 23, 2012

GPGNet patching troubles?

Well I'm running a windows 7 x64 computer and just got supreme commander gold pack from direct to drive. I noticed other people were having issues with this particular game but mine seems to be a little bit different.



i ran the standalone patcher from 1.5.3596 to 1.5.3599 with no issues, my FA now says 1.5.3599 in the upper right corner.



however, when i log into GPGNet, it says checking for supreme commander updates, and downloads about 50mb while it says this. it then goes on to say new patch found click ok to close gpgnet and FA and we will patch it.



at first it then would close the gpgnet process but leave the gpgnet process running which i would then need to forceclose in order to log in again.



after repeating this process about 18 times, it started running a patching program and givign me a patch progress bar, which would reach 100% and then everything would autoclose.



I would then restart FA and go to gpgnet to see checking for updates again, and again it owuld download a 50mb file and show me it was patching and then complete.



I started getting suspicious around the 25th time and looked at the folder properties. The game folder size didnt change for the 26th and 27th times. not even by 1 byte.



I imagine that no matter how amazingly skilled the developers are, they can't make a patch that doesnt change the game size at all. Because the updates all seemed to be ~ 50mb in size (i have a network monitor widget), I think that somewehre something is going wrong.



I have downloaded over 1gb during this process and have done it repeatidly. I was wondering if anyone knew specifically what was going wrong, and how i could fix it.



I have included screen captures of all screens mentioned here ( http://www.box.net/shared/3ffffaqcx4 ). I screencaptured from the start of one cycle to the end of the next cycle. Unfortunately they are not in order as I was copypasting them into MSN, and did not think to save them first, i got them from temp files later :/





Any insight would be much appreciated





*edit: Possibly related: When I try to go into the chat room it says I have been banned. I have never been into the chatroom before so I see no explaination for that. So maybe it is a hint?*|||ok u need to unistall gpgnet and installl using this vetion http://reddev32.supcom2.co.uk/Supcom/Latest%20Updates/GPG%20V1.5.225.1.msi|||I tried the installer after uninstalling the old GPGnet and installing J# redistributalbe packages. At about 70% of the way through the installation progress bar, I get an error saying : The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2869.



Any ideas what could be going wrong?|||what operatinbg system are you running it on?|||I am having the same problem.



Any ideas on how to fix this, i am running windows 7 x64 bit|||Just try it again. That happened with me when I tried to install it the first time. Another attempt and it went smoothly.|||gpgnet is a persistant little programs keep tring|||Finaly got it done, took me all day since i posted this but my god it worked....



ty|||Glad to hear :D|||Ok, I got it. I just needed to run it as administrator from the command prompt. Windows 7 seems to have a hidden admin account.|||naoise|||a new problem has arisen with fixing the not patching one, the game now crashes constantly.



Any ideas on how to fix?|||when does it crash and what are your system specs please. including,



OS ~

Ram~

Cpu~

Net framework ~

j# is there ~|||Windows 7

6 GB ram

i5 quad core 2.8 GHZ

no idea

and i think J is there|||directx?|||I'm having similar issues. I'm using Windows 7 x64, what visual J# file am I to download? I fell completely lost, I used to be on top of these things :?|||arkel

No comments:

Post a Comment