Monday, April 23, 2012

GPGNet and SupCom problems

First off, is there any way to create an account without using the GPGNet application? Because, apparently, my internet isn't good enough for it to be able to create an account with it.



And second, I am having a problem with trying to play Supreme Commander. When I try to start up, I repeatedly get the message that the wrong SupCom disc/DVD is in, even if I start the game through the autorun menu. I don't know what might be going on, and if it's related to GPGNet, is there any way I could fix it?



Thanks in advance,

DeKarbon|||Patch SupCom with this. That will remove the CD-check. GPGNet is the only multiplayer client for the game. You can have an offline account with SupCom, but online multiplayer needs you to register with GPGNet. Also, be sure to always run the Net in administrator mode so that it can run without Vista/Win7 blocking some functions of it (patching). Also, for most problems with GPGNet, uninstall it and reinstall it using the setup files found here.|||Yeah, I patched and it works now. Any way to edit video settings without needing to load the game? Like some sort of file that can be deleted to reset the settings? Because, I made the mistake of setting it to a resolution that my monitor can't handle. Or at least, my second monitor.



And I don't have Vista, so I don't need to run as administrator.|||Delete the game.prefs file in I think it is User/Application Data/Program Files/Gas Powered Games/SupCom FA/game.prefs. That might not be the correct path as I'm not that familiar with XP file directory structure, but it's in the Application Data folder. Deleting that will reset all of the options, so then you can modify them yourself.|||Thanks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment