Monday, April 23, 2012

Cannot remove/repair GPGNET

Sry wall of text/



Im using XP, and a while back i ran an update for GPG.NEt to for sup com and it crashed/failed while updating and then GPG.net failed to launch there after. I uninstalled Sup Com (deleted program files traces etc) and reinstalled both the game and GPG.net. The GPG installation failed and said there was already a version present. Again GPG wont launch...ever. So i got to add/remove programs and i try to remove it and it says:



"Exception occured while initializing the installation: System.IO.Filenotfoundexception:Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program files\THQ\Gas powered games\GPGNET\GPG.setup.customactions.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified" I clikc OK



Then a message comes up saying only: "Fatal error occured during installation" clicked ok again, and nothing changed.



I went in regedit and tried to find it there and couldnt. I used the search function and found no trace of the GPGNET but yet its still present in my add/remove programs. Repairing ask for a source, but i cant find the right one by exploring the game disk files or any other file on my comp. Any help would be appreciated.|||What I would do is totally remove GPGnet as much as you can. Then I would run a registry cleaner of your choice to remove any clutter. I would also check your C drive for any mention of GPGnet and manually delete it if its still there. Restart your computer.



Then get the latest version of GPGnet (not the one on the installation CD). A link to this can be found on the forums, and install.



Let us know how you get on.|||Im so happy i got this to work, i havent even bothered with it in months. I downloaded GPGnet Full Installer v1.5.177 and followed the unzip instructions, but the setup.exe failed saying it detected another version present. sigh.... but i then tried the support option and repair and used the file GPG.SETUP (from the download) as my source to repair it. It worked! and i then sucessfully removed GPG.NET as you normally would in add/remove programs (just to be on the safe side if there are any errors left). I dont forsee an reinstallation problem. Thanks so much!|||Click this and download the latest version of the program. Unzip the folder and run setup.exe. You should have no problems with this.

1 comment:

  1. Wanted to say "thanks!" this helped. I would also advise be aware if you changed the directory path since the GPG installer remembers the original path.

    ReplyDelete