Monday, April 16, 2012

supremecommander2.exe Fatal Application Exit *RESOLVED*

I have only started to recieve this error after the latest patch. The very latest patch I mean, not the zero day.



The game freezes totally. When I ctrl-alt-del to the desktop there is a dialogue box displayed saying



"supremecommander2.exe Fatal Application Exit



Commit Failure 1455"



All my hardware and drivers are up to date. I am running Windows 7 64 bit, final retail. All other hardware specs are in my sig.



I have heard this is a memory problem. Im running 6GB of Corsair Dominator RAM, at 1600, with 8-8-8-24 timings. Combine this with the fact I have zero issues with the 15 odd other games I am playing right now, this would lead me to believe it may have something to do with the patch.



Some advice would be appreciated, as I cannot play the game.



Thanks.



UPDATE: This just happened me again, and this time I checked my RAM usage before the error. It never exceeded 35% load the entire game.



UPDATE: I have now totally uninstalled and reinstalled the entire game. No joy. I still feel there is someting messed up in the very latest patch that is causing this problem.



Image of problem:



Image|||GPG have you no information on this? I am really starting to enjoy the game but I havn't been able to finish a single match yet as the game keeps exiting because of this problem.



Just had a great gaming going...then it was all over. So dissapointing.|||Ouch, you should put this over on the General Discussion since we see the GPG guys there a lot. I dunno do they come to this board much?!|||Yeah I think I might do that actually. This section is still quite new.|||This is something that should be passed through Square's support dept.



http://support.na.square-enix.com/main.php?id=925&la=1|||did you try windows 7 Memory Diagnostic Tool? If it only shows one error, you've got a big hardware issue that has nothing todo with the game...



http://www.tomstricks.com/how-to-test-y ... windows-7/|||Thanks guys will get on those two straight away :wink:|||gpgITninja|||McMurmel|||Help request has now been submitted to Square Enix.|||UPDATE: As far as I can see, the latest patch has now fixed any issues I was having with this game. I was pretty sure the problem wasn't on my end, and it looks like I was right.

No comments:

Post a Comment