Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Hosting a Supcon FA server with Hamachi

So me and my friend have hosted LAN games, but do not live in the same city, so we wanted to use hamachi to get a direct connection.
We both logged on to my network and I hosted the server, but he couldnt connect to the game using the Manual IP/Port fillout boxes. I used the port specified by the console, and the External IP, the localhost (192.168.1.101), and the hamachi ip. None worked. I was wondering if I had to port forward, or if hamachi just dosent work with it at all.
We cant use gpgnet because his is broken for some reason.|||Moving this thread to the SupCom FA General Discussion instead of the SupCom2 General Discussion.
Also if your friend is having issues you should get him to head over the GPGnet Tech Support Forum.|||Don't bother with Hamachi, this will do what you want and more :
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=52273|||Normally Problems with GPGnet arent hard to fix. I would recommend it that you try to get it working, since there some other players too you might play with. Provides you a lot more Fun than Hamachi for sure :)
So, whats the exactly Problem?|||Koecher|||He should just try to reinstall GPGnet using the Installer from here:
GPGnet 1.5.225 http://thevault.gaspowered.com/gpgnetdo ... .5.225.zip|||Koecher|||If he torrented it then that would explain why GPGnet does not work and also why he should not expect tech support.

No comments:

Post a Comment