Monday, April 16, 2012

Supreme Commander 2 Crash/unstable.

Hi GPG. I'd like to inform you that Sup Com 2 is quite unstable on my machine. It has crashed a number of times today.



1st: Played a couple games in shirmish. In the third game 10 minutes in it locked up and i had to alt ctrl delete -> end task.

2nd: started the tutorial, got to the first mission on UEF, about 5 minutes in i got a blue screen of death. didn't catch the error on it though sorry. :(

3rd: playing skirmish about 20 minutes into a second game and it crashed to my desk top.



I have a fresh install of windows 7 64bit.

Hardware:

Core 2 Duo 2.6MHz

ATI ASUS EAH5750 1GB

6GB ram 800MHz

ASUS P5B motherboard



My machine has only crashed while playing supreme commander so i'm pretty sure it's not faulty hardware or anything.

Is there anything i can do to help you guys track down these issues? Crash dumps? log files? just let me know.



Cheers|||Are you using windows XP? Right click on my computer select "properties" and look at the General tab, does it say "windows XP SP2"?



If it does you need to download service pack 3, just google it.|||he said he's been using an x64 flavour of Win7.



currently, there's no logging mode that you can use that is of use to you. If Windows is popping up with an error message, try to take a screen cap of it and post a link to it here.|||-|||Thanks for the speedy replies.

Currently getting the dump reader thingy from the window download site. Hopefully it'll tell us something.|||I've been getting some straight up complete system freezes with SupCom2. Win 7 x64 as well. Crossfired Radeon 4890's. No bluescreen no minidump|||i have a minidump, I put it in the dumpchk.exe but it didn't give anything very useful...

I've never used these debugging tools before maybe someone else might have more luck :(



I've switched it to non auto restart so next time i'll be able to get a photo of my blue screen if it happens again.|||can you post a dxdiag?|||post it to http://pastebin.com to save us a large amount of scrolling instead plx.|||http://pastebin.com/Fr6PUyWC

Here's my dxdiag info.|||Im also getting complete freezes. I have winxp service pack 3 with a geforce 9600gt card. supcom/FA used to run smooth with same system even online.|||Are you using hunker at all? There's a confirmed bug with Hunker as UEF where if you hunker your ACU then research Hunker + 15% effectiveness, when you dehunker it will freeze the game for everyone in it.



You could also be crashing because someone else did the same thing.|||Would this hunker bug apply to AI as well? If they use it then i can see how it could be part of the issue.|||Dunno if it applies to the AI but the AI does stuff instantly so I'm not sure how often it would arise. Try playing without UEF AI and see if the crashes still occur.|||I think your right. The last time I froze up I was in Hunker. Thanks alot! I dont even know why I used it. Was just trying it out.|||Just crashed again playing against UEF, only i wasn't attacking the enemy commander so no real reason for them to hunker... oh well i supose AI might do it when ever, who knows.|||I was just watching Giantbomb's quicklook of the thing, and they ran into a crash as well (skip to the very end if curious).

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-sup ... 2/17-2134/



I still got my game coming in the mail. I doubt I'll get too much into the campaign, and hopefully skirmish/versus is less affected.|||I've been getting crashes too. Made a pretty lengthy thread about it but no solution yet. Similar symptoms, but I'm running SLI.|||Blue screened again...

This time i was in the Lobby before a match online.



here's a link to my blue screen image.

http://www.glowfoto.com/static_image/06 ... 4/glowfoto



Hope this is useful to you guys at GPG...|||I noticed before a blue screen the text in the menus was flickering. It didn't crash straight away, only after i alt tabbed to and went back in to see if that would fix the flicker. It went for about another second then blue screened.



I've since had this flickery text and simply just shut the game down in fear of blue screening.|||Darac|||I don't believe it was the first match i had played in that session.|||About the crash, after downloading it from steam I keep crashing when I start it. I heard you have to download this XP server pack 3 but come on, no other game even needs it. GPG needs to patch this up asap, I didnt pay $50 for a game that crashes my PC.|||I take my words back from here as the game now consistently crashes to desktop in Aeon prison mission o_O|||woepriest

No comments:

Post a Comment