Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Error while updating the game.

Hi! My name is Max.
I have a problem with downloading an update for SC:FA.
Version of the game for me, of course, licensed. Gold Edition.
Before (half a year ago) everything was normal.
Now the program throws an error.
Error itself is a phrase: "The start downloading updates. Unable to start the download. Retrying. Error. The game is damaged or altered. Reinstall SC:FA".
This is not a quote but the meaning is the same.
Especially reinstalling does not fix the error (tried 3 times).
I tried to reinstall on different local drives, completely removed all files related to the game, including the Local Settings and Application Data. Cleaning the registry (regedit). No improvement.
It is noteworthy that before this, GPGnet successfully updated to version 1.5.225.1 automatically.
Could you help me solve this problem, or recommend possible ways to resolve it?
And another important question. Does the administration team the Russian-speaking people? Or someone who speaks Russian, and understands the problem. My English is not very good, sorry.
Thanks in advance.|||To fix the problem.
1. Totally uninstall SC:FA and GPGNet.
2. Reinstall SC:FA again
3. Click here --> http://cdn.thqonline.com/SC/Patches/sup ... 5.3599.exe
Download that file and run it. It will manually patch your game. Letting the game update automatically causes problems.
4. Click here --> http://thevault.gaspowered.com/gpgnetdo ... .5.225.zip
Download that file and run it. This is the latest version of GPGNet.
5. Run your game and enjoy.|||Thank you so much!|||You're welcome. Let me know if it works.|||Sure, no problem. Right now I'm waiting for the update.|||All is well, except that GPGNet not want to show the home page. Generates this error here:
Server Error in '/clientContent' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.
Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".








Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.








Apart from that all is well. Thank you.|||I recently reinstalled it all (Supcom/FA as well as GPGNET of course) as I built a new machine a few months ago and went to Win7 as well and I get that same front page error. It is not much of an annoyance really as you can still get to chat or the vault for maps or whatnot although it would be nice if you could view its main page properly lol
Oh and btw Max, I believe your original problem would have been solved simply by setting GPGNet to run in Winxp compatibility and having it run as Admin. in case you have to reinstall again or anything.|||Oh, everything is clear, thanks.
In general, the condition of the home page I am not really worried about it. C:
But I have Windows XP. I have a fairly old computer, so I never tried to install a newer version of Windows.
Especially when I said "before", I meant exactly that system.
That is half a year ago I was the same system and I have not reinstalled.
And the problem with SC was not...
I would like to ask one more question.
So I installed a patch 5.3599, and that the earlier updates?
They are included in this patch or have to play without them?
Simply, I remember that before SC:FA updated quite a long time.
Somewhere about half an hour I was waiting for all the updates.
So how is the situation? 8]

No comments:

Post a Comment