Friday, April 13, 2012

Technical problem: unable to connect...

[:1]How it happened:
I was in game lobby waiting for game to launch.
Electricity went off so my PC turned off.
In 5 min I restarted PC, connected to internet.
Launched game.
And could NOT connect to any game anymore. Not I nor my friends couldnt connect to each other (to me).
Please help.
Had same problem 2 weeks ago, got it fixed by reDownlaoding full game. But it takes forever to do it from steam :(|||Open your game library in Steam, right click on Supreme Commander 2, select "Properties", open the "Local files" tab, click "Verify integrity of game cache..."
Let me know how that goes.
(Can this get moved to the SC2 Tech Support forum?)|||I did what u asked me.
After chacking, I got massage: "all files successfully validated."
Tryed to connect to servers in game. And got same problem.
I have also made backup copy of the game (when it worked ok).
So I deleted the game (uninstalled). and used backup to get it back. Problem did not go away.
As I said befor, problem goes away only if I re-download the game (at least I found only way for now to fix it).
Also I have saved my backup files and reinstalled steam. Used regular and Beta versions of steam. Didnt help either.
Yes, please move this topic to the tech support page. And if possible, - give me a link.
Thank you very much.
Editing:
I talked with my friend, and decided to try one more thing.
He said that it may be a problem with steam. As if I lose my connection to internet, steam thinks that I'm still logged in. And when I try to enter game, it doesnt let me because it thinks that such ID is already using it (game).
What I did:
turned of steam. spent about 10-15 minutes not launching it, then restarted pc (restarting PC didnt help as I tryed it before). And then, I turned on steam, launched game and I was able to connect to server.
Dont know whats wrong and may be its only a coincidence, but hope this info will help in fixing this bug.
Thnx for your time and support.|||Dont mention it buddy, glad I could help :lol: :lol:|||So anyone knows whats the problem?
And how to fix it?|||Travagan|||Thank you for advice.
Yes, I log in and out of steam without problems.
I'll do what you say, hope it will be a bug-fixer for me ))
Last times it happend, logging out and restarting PC helped. Mb just time for restarting ect was enouph for steam to understand i'm logged out.
Thanks again. I'll try.|||i don't think it a shame u can't log in personal i don't think it's a good game like Forged alliance and supcom 1 was

No comments:

Post a Comment