Monday, April 16, 2012

Shadow Fidelity only LOW of OFF?

Hi there,



I've installed the game and it runs fine. However, I can only set the shadow fidelity/quality to OFF or LOW. I would think that I would be able to set it not medium and high. I'd like to see how the game runs on those settings, But I can't figure out why I can't select them.



Anyone know of this issue and/or how to solve it?



my pc specs:

AMD 4400+ dual core

ATI Radeon X1900 XT

2 GB Ram



All drivers up to date and so is DirectX|||Perhaps the game auto-selects your options based on your video card? I've seen AoE3 do that, so perhaps it's a way of preventing a comp from running settings that aren't good for it.|||The X1900 card is a bit old and weak compared to present cards.



Shadows are one of the bigger demanding things in games so i suppose the system really has choosen to lower you options. In any case it probably wouldn't have given you anything than a slower game performance IF you would have been able to set it higher.



But shadows in such games aren't really something that you need. In the heat of battle you only see fireworks :D

No comments:

Post a Comment