Monday, April 16, 2012

I need help with SupCom 2 and Square Enix

Alright, here is the deal. I know this is support for SupCom 1 and SE handles SupCom2, but I cant get any help from them, so I have to come here. I have been trying to make an account with Square Enix to register my copy. Every time I try to make an acocunt, I get an email that is supposed to have an activation link. Instead, it has no link and is just garbled text. I will post one of the copies here:



"EDIT - info removed for security reasons since the problem has now been solved."



That is the type of email I'm getting from Square Enix each time. Nothing else, just that. I cant contact their support as it requires that I provide my square enix ID to contact them and I dont have one becuase of this. Its a catch 22. So GPG is going to have to do this for me with the support staff over at Square Enix. Also, every time I try to redo this process Square Enix requires that I wait 24 hours. This is starting to get on my nerves at this point. You need to make sure that if Square is going to handel support that they are able to support people who cant make an account to begin with due to their badly designed support system or bite the bullet and handel suport yourselves. No ifs, ands, or buts about it.|||Are you using the same email address for Square as the one tied to your steam account?|||That has nothing to do with the problem at hand. I am just trying to make a Square-Enix account. Once I have an account, I can then register the game. Again, this problem is in making a Square-Enix account. Without which, I cant even contact their support. They dont offer a phone number, and they wont answer emails or do live chat support until you have an account with them first. But since I cant make my account, I cant ask them for help. I have a Square-Enix key to register the game (which is not the same thing as the game key which works through steam), so I need a GPG person to help me take care of this problem. Give me a PM with a number to call or something.|||I misread, sorry. It said PlayOnline, not steam. Anyway I successfully registered and sent a support ticket asking along the lines of your problem. When I get a reply I'll post, cool?



ps. If anyone else has an answer still post it.|||Winter-Dragon|||So I'm still getting the same email from Square Enix. I cant create an account after more than a week and I cant talk to their support becuase I dont have an account. So I cant register the game with them. At this point, I need GPG to follow through with this problem. You need to contact them directly, have some sort of support staff then contact me so that I can make an account with them. This is bordering on asinine.|||Back in the day E-Mail couldn't do a whole lot; so to curb this it was encoded in a specific format which an email client would understand and decode. That's the format that you are presented with. Your seemingly terrible e-mail client can't seem to figure out what to do with it:



Go here: http://www.motobit.com/util/base64-decoder-encoder.asp



And paste all the garble (without the quotes), click on the 'decode' option, and you get the actual email. And it works. Except the garble you pasted has a URL older than 24hrs so it will not register (i tried for you).|||lol people now know how to right spam in an officall email.



Can i asks WHO hosts your email eg hotmail or google or someone else?|||I stopped using email clients years ago and moved to web mail. So my client is what ever browser I'm using at the momment, be it on a PC or mobile. Now that could be a limitation of webmail, as I've never run into this issue before. Or it could be my email host which is netaddress.com by the way. What ever the case, I re-encoded the current data and all works as it should, thanks for the info Mage.



Problem solved. ^_^|||Glad to be of help! And perhaps you should inform whoever makes your email client (web based or app based, it's an email client that needs fixin')|||Mage|||Definitely.|||Okay, I'll pass the info on to netaddress. Thanks again. ^_^|||Sorry for the delays,



I got an email from Square Enix but it was an automated FAQ style reply which covered none of the issues discussed here, and I didn't want to come back empty handed.



I discussed this with some people at work this week and they're certain it's a problem with the email having some sort of encoded images or graphics embedded in it, and sure enough when I turned my images back on (I was viewing as plain text) a whole bunch of frames and images appeared around the text.



This translates to a likely problem with how your email client is decoding the email and if it supports images in frames. I tested on gmail and it works fine as plain text and html. Not sure what email client you're using but sorry again for my late reply.

No comments:

Post a Comment