Monday, April 16, 2012

Seriously Frustrating Issues playin SupCom2 MP

To keep this short and sweet heres whats going on.



A friend and I can connect to each other a play against upwards of 6 PC AI Opponents easily, with little to no issues.



However it appears as soon as I enter a game with greater than 2 actual players my game will lock up, about a minute roughly into playing. Being as my cursor movement maintains fully I do not believe this issue to be video lag but connection lag. I get a message saying that my network connection is interrupted with the options to "end Game" or "resume." Upon clicking resume the game fires back up, all opponents "disconnect" and I am apparently victorious. However as I have been gaming with a friend and communicating via Ventrilo it is just me that is disconnecting, and everyone elses games are running just fine.



I have followed what little advice I can find thus far on the internet to no avail, IE forwarding the proper ports, running NATTRACE (which fails on all UDP connectivity). After running NATTRACE I entered my routers settings (2wire combo dsl/wireless router). I opened the proper UDP ports, which changed nothing, I then set my PC to DMZ ultra mode or something to that avail opening all incoming and outgoing ports to my PC specifically. However even after doing this the NATTRACE and the game continue to have the same issue. I have also disabled my firewall.



Basically I am at my wits end, I really enjoy playing this game, but I am incredibly frustrated with why I can not seem to get it to work. Any ideas? Please?



PC:

Windows 7 64 Bit Home

Quad Core AMD Athlon II 620 Processor (4 x 2.6Ghz)

4 Gigs of Ram

ATI Radeon HD 4850 Video Card (1 Gig)|||Yeah I have had a few MP issues too, mostly with only a few games showing in the list. I think there is still the region issue which they need to patch, so hopefully this solves a few things.



GPG are new to steam so they may have a bit to learn still.|||I have the exact same problem, and it's quite frustrating. I would really appreciate any suggestions anybody has as well.|||I would try posting in the Right forum, Try the Supreme Commander 2 Tech Support Forum.



In fact, I'll move it for you.



Mike|||try putting your computer in DMZ (Demilitized Zone) on your router that may help you but i do not know the ports that can help u out for port fordwarding .



Then again it just could be steam causing this problem.|||I did change my PC to DMZ mode on my router. And I also tried forwarding the specific ports. Nothing helps.|||try contacting steam to see what else you can do m8

No comments:

Post a Comment