Friday, April 13, 2012

Ping Spike when > 6 Players

[:1]Hi,
Usually when I'm playing a 3v3 or a 4v4 I have sudden bursts of ping spikes usually > 1500ms to all players. This happens for about a few seconds every 5-10 sec, which makes the game quite unplayable. What's weird is that sometimes this happens in the game lobby as well, which means it will happen in the game, and other times the game lobby looks fine and it only occurs when the game has started. I have a high-end PC so it's not my computer as my sim-speed is usually higher than everyone else.
And then sometimes on rare occasions I can play a 3v3 or 4v4 with no problems at all, which is quite strange. When playing 1v1 or 2v2 this problem does not usually occur.
I have disabled firewall, anti-virus, all other bandwidth using programs whilst playing SC2 but this problem still remains. I also use a cable modem only and no router. I am thinking maybe I have issues connecting to a lot of people who are using NAT or could it be that my upload is slow? (128kps upload atm)|||Yes, your upload is definitely insufficient for more than 6 players. You need about 25 kbps (max) per player.|||Spooky|||reddev32|||reddev32|||Results are:
Image
Which look kinda fine... (to me anyway)
Could it be an issue with NAT or something related to connectivity? I remember I had similar problems when playing with many people on Demigod so I wondering if it could be a similar issue...|||tacommander|||tacommander|||reddev32|||Spooky|||reddev32|||thats me for you it's KB/s i fail to much on my mind really|||I am having similar issues, game was working perfectly fine for a long time, than suddenly these past few days I start having massive lag issues in 4 vs 4 games and so far I have been unable to figure out the reason why. Speedtest detects nothing (my upload is 0.36 Mb/s), nothing has been installed lately. The only major change that has happened lately were steam updates.
I have noticed, after shutting down Supreme Commander 2, Steam continues to eat a TON of bandwidth which, while running Speedtest, has skewed results that cuts upload down to 0.18 Mb/s in speedtest.... So I suspect the latest Steam updates may have somthing to do with it.|||hum look like steam having a bit of trouble|||Anyone can help? I am pretty sure it is neither my internet connection or any background programs (I ran both Speedtest and Pingtest and both came up clear). It has to be either the game itself or Steam.|||reddev32|||The problem is that Steam and Supcom 2 are tighly interwoven, I have no idea weither it is supcom 2 or steam.
As far as Steam leeching bandwidth, it only seems to start when I launch Supcom 2, and awile after quitting Supcom 2 it goes back to normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment