Friday, April 13, 2012

[Solved]Crash with unencoded files

[:1]Whenever I drop unencoded files in lua.scd, the game crashes instantly on startup.
I'm trying to replace RuleInit.lua with BM's Mod loader script.
GreetZ ThaPear|||i've probably got bugs in my script. i've been battling random issues all the time.
problame is that there's no error messages anymore, so things just die without explanation.
i'll send you better stuff soon.|||it worked fine for me. I've been able to use his RuleInit to get some old mods from FA working in SC2, like the "Resource Rich" mod that came with FA, simple modblueprints mod. They even work when placed in the My Games SC2 folder rather than only being inside .scd files.
Make sure you are not using any type of compression when adding files. Make sure you are adding files to the existing archive rather than forming new archives.
If that doesn't work, you can try my "mod ready" lua.scd, its just the original GPG file, with all compression removed.
http://ai-machater.googlecode.com/files ... SCD113.rar
IF that still doesn't work.
http://ai-machater.googlecode.com/files ... LuaScd.rar
Here is my "mod ready" lua.scd, with the RuleInit.lua file from BulletMagnet added to it(hopefully he doesn't mind).

SC2 does not like when different compression types are used in the same file. Some people seem to randomly have more trouble than others, for unknown reasons.|||Ah, I guess it's probably some changes I made to the script.
Although I did try it with other files, I probably forgot to replace the RuleInit.lua with the original one. :wink:
GreetZ Thapear|||I found the default winrar settings to work - but cannot get any variation of zip compression using either 7-zip or Peazip to work.
GPG can you please ID the form of zip compression used so I can beg/plead with the 7-zip maintainer to look into supporting it?|||Aesir Rising

No comments:

Post a Comment