Tuesday, April 17, 2012

GPGNet net problem fix (cd-key/dropped connections)

Hi All,

My wife and I have four computers (two desktops, and two laptops). All of them could connect and play SupCom / FA except for one (it runs Vista x64 Ultimate). It was always disconnecting me from GPGNet after a game, or not letting me into chat. Sometimes it would ask me for my CD Key when logging in. I would just shrug it off and reconnect. However, my mobo died, and after I put the new one in, GPGNet was about 90% non-functional. I randomly connected a couple times and got in to chat, but was usually disconnected in a couple minutes. Mostly it would ask me for my CD key and tell me it wasn't a valid key. I realized the problem was likely local because the other computers were working fine. I uninstalled the firewall & A/V software.. completely reinstalled the game. Tried a million other things as well to no avail. Now for the fix that finally worked for me:



I used the technique from these two web pages to reset my TCP/IP stack:



http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/06/19/reinstall-and-reset-tcpip-internet-protocol-in-windows-vista-2003-and-xp/



http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/06/18/repair-and-reset-windows-vista-tcpip-winsock-catalog-corruption/



These are the commands to execute from a console with admin priveleges:



netsh winsock reset
netsh int ip reset





I have connected without a hiccup about 10 times in a row. :D I'll re-post if the problem resurfaces. I hope it doesn't ( /knockonwood ). :roll:



-Torn|||Nice Find Tornsack - This has solved my recent gpgnet problems (much the same as yours) . I was going to re-install as well , you have saved me a lot of wasted time .

Thanks :D|||Someone add this to the stickies!

Great job finding this out! :D|||Pet0sh|||For the first time in NINE months, I can play.



I love you.|||DarkLordSauron|||what do u do,because the web pages dont come up -_- & my gpgnet worked b4 i got me new pc & i hate playing ai's there to easy|||I am not sure what your question is. My webpages in the GPGNet client would not show either until I did the above fix.



-z|||the links on this page(both of them) do not work for me,so i dont know how to fix it,so is there a different site(s) that could help me?|||nvm they work now,haha|||ok never mind,the nvm b/c they dont work for my pc,my pc is a acer,know any way to do it on that?|||It has nothing to do with your pc being an acer -_-|||then y the hell can't it find the files,this is got me so pissed b/c it work great b/c i got a new pc



right this is what i have tryed



typing netsh int ip reset in to the Command Prompt & it comes up with file not found(its prb just me im just doing stuff wrong b/c im pissed with it)|||the program should be located here:



C:\WINDOWS\system32\netsh.exe





-t|||kk,it comes up but, what do i with it?|||netsh winsock reset



netsh int ip reset|||UEF-KID|||yeah yeah thats all good,but for some reason it comes up with



"one or more essentail parameters were not entered.

Verify required perameters, and reenter them.

the syntax supplied for this command is not valid.check help for the correct syntax.

Usage: reset [name=]

tag value

name - the name of a file to which to append information regrding what setting were reset.



Remarks: resets TCP/IP and related components to a clean state



Examples :



reset resetlog.txt



C:\Documents and settings\Callum>"



thats what it says when i put in "netsh int ip reset"



& this is whats is says when i put in the other 1



"the following command was not found:winshock reset"





is my Pc missing a program?|||the command is netsh winsock reset



not winshock reset|||thats what i put in,but it says winshock dont know y|||Yeah you're right, cmd automatically adds more letters to your commands at random places. I forgot about that.|||haha really funi



i got the bottom to work & i reset my pc,but i still cant get the top1 to work it keeps coming up with this



one or more essentail parameters were not entered.

Verify required perameters, and reenter them.

the syntax supplied for this command is not valid.check help for the correct syntax.

Usage: reset [name=]

tag value

name - the name of a file to which to append information regrding what setting were reset.



Remarks: resets TCP/IP and related components to a clean state



Examples :



reset resetlog.txt



C:\Documents and settings\Callum>"



thats what it says when i put in "netsh int ip reset"



do i need to put in a different code?|||GPGNet, you're a horde of incapable coders.



Thanks to Tornsack, I can now play SC after around a year of pause due to GPGN mediocrity. Long live the fans.|||Kres7787|||Thank you for dissecting my words. If you didn't really figured out what I meant, I meant people behind GPGNet.



I couldn't play SC due to their unwillingness to address the issue, and leaving work that should've been done by them in the first place to a player that managed to go on a solo crusade and he in the end solved the problem by himself. What should've I said. Well done GPG, outstanding performance. I couldn't play SC for a year but that's not a problem, I should've known I need to reset my router with those commands. Seems obvious and I usually do it for every other game I play online, why didn't I thought I just need to do the same with SC.

No comments:

Post a Comment